Following Jesus requires us to lay down our pride and realize that He is the only one who can restore us to God. The book of Romans (written by the Apostle Paul) gives us a clear understanding of what this means.
If you are ready to begin your journey of following Jesus, we encourage you to talk to one of our leaders at the front of the stage on Sunday morning after the service or indicate that you are interested in Following Jesus on your Connection Card. One of our Leaders will contact you and walk with you through what this looks like in your life.
Here are some passages in Romans that can help you as you begin that journey:
- for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, (Romans 3:23 ESV)
- as it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.” “Their throat is an open grave; they use their tongues to deceive.” “The venom of asps is under their lips.” “Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.” “Their feet are swift to shed blood; in their paths are ruin and misery, and the way of peace they have not known.” “There is no fear of God before their eyes.” (Romans 3:10-18 ESV)
- For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23 ESV)
- but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8 ESV)
- because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9 ESV)
- For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” (Romans 10:13 ESV)
- Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 5:1 ESV)
- There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8:1 ESV)
- For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39 ESV)