Why Should I Be Baptized?
1. To follow the example set by Christ. “At that time Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan.” (Mark 1:9)
2. Because Christ commanded it. “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19–20)
3. It demonstrates I am a Believer. “We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands.” (1 John 2:3)
What Is The Meaning Of Baptism?
It illustrates Christ's death, burial and resurrection. “ For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day...”
(1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
“Having been buried with him in baptism and raised with him through your faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead.” (Colossians 2:12)
Why Be Baptized By Immersion?
1. Because Jesus was baptized that way. “As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water.” (Matthew 3:16a)
2. Every Baptism in the Bible was by immersion.“Then both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and Philip baptized him. When they came up out of the water...” (Acts 8:38–39)
3. The word “baptize” means “to dip or immerse”.
4. It best symbolized a burial and resurrection. “Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.” (Romans 6:3–4)
Who Should Be Baptized?
Every person who believes in Christ should be baptized. Believers realize their sin separates them from God. They conclude that Jesus Christ’s death on the cross bridges the gap between them and God. Having decided to trust Christ alone for their salvation, they follow Christ in baptism as a symbol of their new life in Christ.
How Do I Sign Up?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Then Pastor Tadd or Pastor Brandon will contact you with more information.